Cadmus is nationally recognized for providing comprehensive evaluation, measurement, and verification (EM&V) services to the energy industry. We specialize in evaluating all types of demand-side management programs in all major market segments. Specifically, we conduct:
- Process evaluations
- Impact assessments
- Cost-effectiveness analyses
- Market evaluations
- Market characterizations
Not only are our evaluation methods based on standards that are widely accepted by utilities as best practices, we have contributed to the premiere guidelines and protocols for industry, such as:
- International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol, which set the gold standard for evaluating energy-efficiency programs. Several of these standards have, through international agreements, been adopted across North America and Europe.
- The public-private collaborative National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency, Executive Consultant Dr. M. Sami Khawaja co-authored the Program Impact Evaluation Guide.
- Dr. Khawaja was also the lead author on the Impact Evaluation Guide for the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).
- Cadmus staff members have also contributed to the protocols used to quantify consistently and reliably the greenhouse gas emissions impacts of programs.
In addition to conducting more than a thousand evaluations of renewable energy and DSM programs, Cadmus has conducted more billing analyses than any other energy-industry consultant in North America.