CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project), a globally recognized independent, nonprofit climate reporting organization, illustrates to shareholders, the public, and the market where an individual company stands in regard to carbon emissions management and performance. Participating companies that report their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and water use receive two scores, a disclosure and a performance score, that compares their performance with that of their competitors and of the average company in their industry sector.
Cadmus is a Silver Consultancy Partner in the U.S. for CDP, and has been preparing CDP survey responses on behalf of clients for more than five years. Our proprietary Climate Strategy Assessment Tool (CSAT) helps clients prioritize climate goals and activities so that:
- Opportunities to improve both carbon disclosure and performance scores in both the short and long term are identified and actionable steps for achieving score improvement are established.
- Survey responses are comprehensive, well defined, and illustrate the effort and actions CDP respondents have put in place around climate issues.
Drawing on our expertise in energy auditing, commissioning, and retro-commissioning, we work directly with executive teams and facility managers to identify and implement energy-efficiency projects to reduce a firm’s carbon and energy footprints. The result is reduced energy use and operating costs, lower GHG emissions, and stronger positioning with the CDP. Learn more about how Cadmus helped a Fortune 500 financial company improve their CDP score and make the CDP Leadership Index.
We offer the following services:
- Preparing inventories of Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions
- Identifying, collecting, and analyzing the relevant data
- Conducting audits to determine current energy use and baseline information
- Recommending cost-effective actions to reduce company or institution-wide energy, water, solid waste, and operating costs
- Aligning strategies to reduce energy use and GHG emissions with emerging markets, financing, and tax incentive options
- Assisting with the completion of the CDP survey response, including strategic guidance on energy and climate initiatives and policies
- Providing Response Check, a high-level review service for completed responses
See how our GHG consulting services help you prepare your CDP survey response.
Learn more about our sustainability reporting support.